Who would not want a home in Amsterdam?
Ever since I first landed here in Europe, I have always wanted to visit Amsterdam. Everyone loves this place and talks great things about it. There are always great reviews about the Netherlands, but this city was supposed to be even more special.
My visit to Amsterdam was splendid. Just like how when you visit a nice restaurant with great ratings and end up having a great meal. My trip to Amsterdam not just met my expectations, but blew it away.
Happy to have spent 3 days in Amsterdam spending much lesser than expected. Best thing was I got a great Hotel deal at the Park Plaza Amsterdam Airport. We did have to do a little trip to reach the city, but there is so much to do in the day and I wanted to be well rested at a good place.
Hostels are great, Airbnb too is awesome, but a nice hotel room at a discount should not be missed.
So why did i like Amsterdam so much and what did I do there.
Too many things to mention. The best way is to write down a list.
6 reasons to visit Amsterdam
- Amsterdam is absolutely beautiful. With Canals and bridges mapping the whole city, vehicle traffic is kept at bay.
- The only pollution is from the boats, but the boats offers a splendid view of the city.
- Everyone rides a bike. For Indians reading this, I am talking about a cycle and not a motor bike. The city is ideal for bike use. Though you will find too many people biking around.
- Truly International city. You can walk into alleys where you can find restaurants serving food from all over the world.
- It is truly a developed city. Public transport officials have great customer service and most people are nice and speak English.
- You can meet familiar people in Amsterdam. Everyone loves the place so much that everyone is visiting the city all the time.
6 more reasons to visit Amsterdam
- Visit the Van Gogh Museum and the other cultural sights.
- Get some fresh air below the Windmill.
- Take pictures posing with flowers. The Netherlands loves Tulips.
- Visit the Coffeeshops: Did I forget a space there? Oh no I did not. You heard me right. A place so beautiful, no chaos filled with the coolest like minded people. What happens in this city stays in this city.
- Take a break after the Coffeeshop visit and lie down on green grass in the parks.
- Say Hi to the hard working women modeling as mannequin behind the glass. They are really friendly and may call you over inside. But don’t, you need to be investing that money in stocks.
The capital of Netherlands is a place for everyone. There are many things for couples to do in this city. Just too many reasons for why Amsterdam is the best.
My travel in mid July was at a perfect time. It fortunately happens to be the favorite time for tourists.Though visit from mid April to Mid October should be good.
Read about more travels on MilanKaRaja.com